Monday, January 23, 2012

And Put Some Feel Good In My Soul

This weekend the Tacketts surprised us with an invitation to the Eric Church concert in Southaven and of course we accepted!  The concert was so much fun and it was great to see Martha and Justin.  Eric Church puts on a good show and we also got to see Brantley Gilbert.  It wasn’t but a few years ago that Eric Church played a free concert in the Grove and now he is drawing the largest crowd ever at the Landers Center in Southaven.  Another plus to the show was our friend Meghan’s brother is the lead guitar for Eric Church so it was really neat getting to watch him perform.



Our favorite part of the concert was when Eric Church was on stage by himself with a black backdrop and he sang some of his older songs acoustic.

My favorite song of his is “Smoke a Little Smoke” and he sang that at the very end as his encore.

One of his last songs was “Springsteen” and he had everybody turn on their cell phones (no more lighters in this day and age) and it looked really neat.

“On the day I die
I know where I’m gonna go
Me and Jesus got that part worked out
I’ll wait at the gates til his face I see
And stand in a long line of sinners like me
I’ll stand in a long line of sinners like me”
Eric Church, Sinners Like Me

No comments:

Post a Comment