Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Merry Christmas

“Silent night, holy night!
Shepherds quake at the sight.
Glories stream from heaven afar
Heavenly hosts sing Alleluia,
Christ the Savior is born!
Christ the Savior is born.”


Christmas 2011 was just wonderful.  Jason and I got to spend a lot of time with a lot of family.  Christmas Eve we attended the candlelight service at FBC and it was simply and very beautiful.  It really set the mood the weekend.  After the service we ate supper with Jason’s parents and sister.  We were able to watch one of my favorite Christmas movies, A Christmas Story, while we were there and exchanged gifts.  Later that night we came home, where my parents were waiting and opened more presents.  Then it was the yearly tradition of watching Christmas Vacation.  We have all seen this movie so many times that we laugh before the parts happen.
Christmas morning we woke up early and Santa visited us again! :)  I got a Keurig coffee maker and a reminder of my iPhone I had received a few months earlier.  Jason got a real record player and some Jimmy Buffett records. 
After a huge breakfast of chocolate gravy and biscuits and breakfast casserole with my parents we headed over to Jason’s aunt’s house to eat another HUGE meal.  Wonderful meal and even better company.
Our last stop of the day was Booneville, MS to of course eat some more and see my grandparents and cousins.  The night was filled with telling stories and laughing as hard as possible.
I am amazed every year about how blessed Jason and me are to have our families.  This time of year it is so special to be able to spend time with everybody.  It seems like we stay on the go but it is all worth it.
Countdown to Christmas 2012 has officially started ;)
“Merry christmas to my saints and guardian angels
Who protect me as i roam
‘tis the season to remember
All the faces
And the places that were home”

Jimmy Buffett

No comments:

Post a Comment